Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Book # 46

The Last Lecture
By Randy Pausch

So I found a solution to my problem of not having time to read and blog, well at least the reading part. My brother in law was talking about listening to "The Count of Monte Cristo" on CD as he commuted to work every day. I don't have an ipod or MP3 for when I am in the garden but I am actually spending as much time in the kitchen now canning my produce, that I decided to get books on CD and listen to them while I can. It is awesome. This was the first book I listened to.

For those of you who aren't familiar with him...

Randy Pausch
Randy Pausch
Randolph Frederick "Randy" Pausch was an American professor of computer science and human-computer interaction and design at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Born: October 23, 1960, Baltimore
Died: July 25, 2008, Chesapeake
He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2006 and was asked to give a "last lecture" which apparently is a common thing with University professors but they aren't literally last lectures, just basically what they would say if it were, or maybe if they are retiring, etc. This really was his last lecture. He spoke about fulfilling childhood dreams and other random things that he felt were important.

No comments:

Post a Comment