Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Book # 8

"Why Men Love Bitches"
By Sherry Argov

The subtitle of this book is: From Doormat to Dreamgirl--
A woman's guide to holding her own in a relationship.

Now I don't know about the dreamgirl part of it, I doubt I will ever be someone's dreamgirl again, but I absolutely refuse to be someone's doormat ever again.

The author talks about 100 attraction principles. I am not going to list all 100 principles for you. I will simply list my favorites. Starting with:

Attraction Principle # 1:
Anything a person chases in life runs away....Good one! I wish my ex would have run a little faster and a little longer.

Attraction Principle # 6 :
It is your attitude about yourself that a man will adopt....Yep!

Attraction Principle # 9 :
If the choice is between her dignity and having a relationship, the bitch will prioritize her dignity above all else....I tried the relationship, but dignity eventually won out.

Attraction Principle # 19 :
He must feel that you choose to be with him, not that you need to be with him. Only then will he perceive you as an equal partner....but there are some men that want you to be needy.  Take note; They are not worthy of you.

Attraction Principle # 28 :
If he makes you feel insecure, let your insecurity be your guide....Or if he makes you cry or feel anxiety more than he makes you laugh, then there is a problem.

Attraction Principle # 34 :
When you appear softer and more feminine, you appeal to his instinct to protect. When you appear more aggressive, you appeal to his instinct to compete....AMEN! My ex made looking for rocks a competition!

Attraction Principle # 38 : 
When a woman acts as though she's capable of everything, she gets stuck doing everything....True again! This woman really knows her stuff!

Attraction Principle # 41 : 
Men respect women who communicate in a succinct way, because it's the language men use to talk to one another....Now I know for a fact this isn't always true. My ex was highly emotional and could talk forever, like many women do. I often felt like we had reversed roles. I found it very disorienting and extremely annoying.

Attraction Principle # 50 :
The nice girl gives away too much of herself, when pleasing him regularly becomes more important than pleasing herself....now I know that we often hear in the church that we should always think of our spouse first. That might be effective when both partners are operating on that principle. But when one gives more than the other, it just gets more and more unbalanced as the receiver begins to take advantage. But that's just my perspective.

Attraction Principle # 52 : 
When you nag, he tunes you out. But when you speak with your actions, he pays attention....Hey doe this work with little boys too? 

Attraction Principle # 59 : 
When you nag, you become the problem, and he deals with it by tuning you out. But when you don't nag, he deals with the problem....We can always hope anyway. 

Attraction Principle # 77 : 
You have to show that you won't accept mistreatment. Then you will keep his respect.....One thing I did do right; my ex learned to control his temper, even if he didn't learn anything else. He discovered early on that I couldn't and wouldn't stand for it.

Attraction Principle # 81 : 
In a relationship of any kind, if one person feels the other person isn't bringing anything to the table, he or she will begin to disrespect that person....True! True! True! My ex didn't work in the entire 9 months that we were married. He was trying to transition into another business, yet he stalled day after day. And he also didn't do anything to help around the house. I made every meal, his included, even though he ate something different from everyone else. He could have worked in my business but he refused. He felt my disrespect and whined about it all the time. Ick!

Attraction Principle # 85 :
People will show that they have self-respect simply by virtue of the fact that they want to carry their own weight....I have been divorced for nearly 2 months now, and yet my ex called me the other day in an attempt to get me to pay his tax accounting bill from last year. I told him that I was amazed at his lack of masculine pride.

Attraction Principle # 86 : 
The more independent you are of him, the more interested he will be....If this is true, then why did my ex keep dating me? He hated that I was independent and didn't need him.

Attraction Principle # 89 : 
Don't give a reward for bad behavior...LOL!

Attraction Principle # 91 : 
If he doesn't give you a time, you don't have a date....another thing she said, was if he is more than a half hour late and doesn't call, you shouldn't be there when he arrives. ooooooooh! I wish I would have known about this one when I met my ex for the very first time. He was 3 hours late. I hate that! So, why did I keep dating him???

Attraction Principle # 94 : 
You can get away with saying much more with humor than you can with a straight face....this is something that I will have to work on. I am way too serious!

Attraction Principle # 98 : 
Be an independent thinker at all times, and ignore anyone who attempts to define you in a limiting way....Oh Yeah!

Attraction Principle # 99 : 
Truly powerful people don't explain why they want respect. They simply don't engage someone who doesn't give it to them....my new philosophy and MO. :o)

Attraction Principle # 100 : 
The most attractive quality of all is dignity....And as of today I am regaining my dignity. Thanks for listening as I used this post as a vent about my ex (and a few of the others as well ). I have been a little undignified the last few weeks. I've felt as if I was possessed by an evil spirit and today an exorcism has occurred. I will not talk about him again.

Until next time ;o)


2 comments:

  1. In the church, we often forget how the dynamic of the golden rule works. The better and more completely you love yourself, the better and more completely you are able to love others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book (and I loved reading your own thoughts on the Principles)

    You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete